To become a Kentucky College Coach, you must meet the eligibility requirements of the Kentucky College Coaches program, as well as those of AmeriCorps.
Kentucky College Coaches Requirements
Full time coaches must be a college graduate, part time coaches must be currently enrolled at a Kentucky college or university.
AmeriCorps Member Requirements
AmeriCorps members (in general) are required to be 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sign a member agreement form.
- Attend training provided by the program.
- Coaches will be expected to serve a minimum of 900 hours (part time) or 1700 hours (full time).
- Complete online reflection periodically during the term of service.
- Complete an end of term survey.
- Complete paperwork: enrollment and exit forms; timesheets verifying the hours of service (timesheets are to be signed by both coach and supervisor).
- Once a coach has completed their hours, he/she will receive an educational voucher worth $2675 for part time members and $5350 for full time members.
If you believe you're a good fit for our program, apply to be a Kentucky College Coach.