Alternative Service Break Applications Now Open!
We are excited to announce that the 2022-2023 applications for Alternative Service Break grant funding is now open!
- Ashland Community & Technical College
- Bellarmine University
- Berea College
- Centre College
- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky Wesleyan College
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Madisonville Community College
- Midway University
- Morehead State University
- Northern Kentucky University
- Somerset Community College
- Spalding University
- University of Kentucky
Alternative Service Breaks include overnight service trips or weekend/evening/day service experiences. KyCC has additional funding to help support disaster relief efforts in Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky. Experiences can include support efforts in those locations, but it is not necessary to be eligible for grant funding.
All events must include the following components:
- Meaningful service in a community
- Inclusion of community members
- Post-experience survey for the organizer and students (provided by KyCC)
The estimated budget should be itemized, including items such as supplies, overnight accommodations, travel, meals, etc. Each project must include match to cover 50% of the experience’s costs by your institution/community partner and may include in-kind gifts. In-kind contributions may include, but are not limited to, the use of an institutional vehicle, donated time by chaperones and non-student participants, community partner time, meals/housing donated by community partner, donations (monetary or supplies) collected by students, etc. Funding is available as reimbursement only.
Please contact Mindy Wilson with questions.