Alternative Service Break Applications Now Open!
We are excited to announce that the 2022-2023 applications for Alternative Service Break grant funding is now open! The application can be found here.
- Ashland Community & Technical College
- Bellarmine University
- Berea College
- Centre College
- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky Wesleyan College
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Madisonville Community College
- Midway University
- Morehead State University
- Northern Kentucky University
- Somerset Community College
- Spalding University
- University of Kentucky
Alternative Service Breaks include overnight service trips or weekend/evening/day service experiences. All events must include the following components:
- Meaningful service in a community
- Inclusion of community members
- Post-experience survey for the organizer and students
The estimated budget should be itemized, including items such as supplies, overnight accommodations, travel, meals, etc. Each project must include a 50% match by your institution/community partner and may include in-kind gifts. In-kind contributions may include, but are not limited to, the use of an institutional vehicle, donated time by chaperones and non-student participants, community partner time, meals/housing donated by community partner, etc. Funding is available as reimbursement only.
Please contact Mindy Wilson with questions.