Engaged Campus Resources
Engaged Campus Links:
Community-Based Learning in times of Social Distancing, Isolation and Quarantine: https://liftingbridges.weebly.com/cbl–covid-19.html?fbclid=IwAR0XmptrZqFvrbzXHRA5_y4aBcyTX77cusVXOLy6U5tfRPmoqW5A9QgndgI
Community-Engaged Teaching during Suspension of Face-to-Face Classes: https://blogs.iu.edu/citl/2020/03/11/cel-during-crisis/#.XnE1F2hKjIW
Continuing community-engaged teaching during COVID-19: https://csl.iupui.edu/resources-support/Response%20to%20COVID-19.html?fbclid=IwAR2QDmVapCffjgduR_7JtQkCHe2dKIm8D_4gDZYmbKAW-PxYc9swYyDrKzY
SENCER Models that Address Infectious Diseases and Epidemics (National Center for Science and Civic Engagement, Science Education for New Civic Engagement and Responsibilities)
Coronavirus Virginia Resources Website: https://virginia.compact.org/coronavirus-virginia-resources/
For work with nonprofits (from Leadership Council for Nonprofits):
- Think about how you might provide financial support, almost every nonprofit has a “donate now” button on their homepage.
- Advocate for nonprofits to be included in packages for relief and stimulus:An Appeal to Congress to Include Nonprofits in Packages for Relief and Stimulus
- Perhaps you can drop off useful supplies a nonprofit might need (check with them first).
- You may have more downtime on your hands because your events are canceled – perhaps you could write thank you notes, or find other ways to help nonprofits while you are spending more time at home.
- Your kids’ games/activities will be canceled – ask them how they might help a nonprofit. This is a time to innovate, teach & reinforce the values of community service.
- The COVID-19 Census Challenge: https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-students-dispersal-over-virus-fears-expected-to-snarl-census-count-11584041748
- What we can do about it: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2020/modifying-2020-operations-for-counting-college-students.html